Skip to main content
The student can't see/hear me. How do I fix it?
- Check the Audio icon in the meeting controls. If it’s muted, click it to unmute yourself.
- If you’re using an external webcam/microphone, check if it’s connected and turned on. For sound issues, also make sure you’ve selected the correct audio input.
- Unplug your webcam/microphone (if it’s external), then plug it back in. Before plugging the device back in, try disconnecting all the other peripherals.
- Check privacy permissions in your browser. Is it allowed to access the camera and microphone? See the instructions for Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Edge Chromium.
- Try reloading the page, restarting your browser, clearing the cache, and disabling your browser extensions.
- Update or reinstall your browser.
- Try switching to a different browser or get the stand-alone Zoom desktop app.
- If you experience problems using the Zoom desktop app - take a look at Zoom’s troubleshooting guides for issues with video and audio.
- If nothing helps, contact the Tutor Success Team here.