Skip to main content
I can't see/hear the student. How do I fix it?
- For sound issues, check if your speakers or headphones are plugged in, turned on and not muted. Also, make sure you’ve selected the correct audio output on your PC.
- Is the tab in your browser muted? Unmute it if it is.
- Ask the student to unmute themselves on Zoom if their microphone is muted. You can do it in a chat if you’re not sure the student can hear you.
- Ask the student if their equipment (webcam/microphone) is plugged in and switched on.
- Try reloading the page, restarting your browser, clearing the cache, and disabling your browser extensions.
- Update or reinstall your browser.
- Try switching to a different browser or get the stand-alone Zoom desktop app.
- If you experience problems using the Zoom desktop app - take a look at Zoom’s troubleshooting guides for issues with video and audio.
- If nothing helps, contact the Tutor Success Team here.